Who We Are
Independent Living Solutions was formed in 2005 by Executive Director, Lisa Martin. Lisa’s vision for Independent Living Solutions was based on her belief that individuals with disabilities should be provided with the best possible choices for care and independence on a daily basis.
To achieve that vision, Independent Living Solutions has committed itself to the following principles:
Our mission is to join with individuals, families and communities to encourage and assist people with disabilities to achieve independence, good health and meaningful living. We focus on:
- Aiding those we serve to build on the strengths and accomplishments of the past.
- Encouraging active participation in decisions and planning.
- Eliminating barriers in serving all disabilities.
Our clients will freely and fully experience the highest quality of life regardless of disability. To achieve this vision we will join with communities and people who receive and deliver services to:
- Support people to live in and be part of their communities.
- Promote and support growth by building self confidence, self esteem and personal responsibility.
- Promote quality of life by participating in strengthening families and communities while valuing cultural diversity.
- Promote informed choices.
The ILS Team of professionals, with over 50 years of combined experience, have established solid relationships with the Dept. of Social Services (DSS), Dept. of Developmental Services (DDS), Dept.of mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), Neuropsychologists, Cognitive Behaviorists, and Case Managers, and other specialists. Our dedicated and compassionate team members leverage these relationships to enhance the lives of our clients and ensure their success on a day-to-day basis.
Founder and President
Director of Services
Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Services
Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS) Services
Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Services
Experience the ILS Difference
Deciding who to choose as a service provider is a difficult and often daunting task. To help you make an informed decision, here are three reasons why our clients/consumers have chosen Independent Living Solutions:
- Firstly, we truly focus on the client/consumer. We understand the importance of individualized programming as well as identifying the goals of our clients and providing them with the support needed to achieve them.
- Secondly, we are a streamlined company in comparison to some of our major competitors. This means that we are far more responsive to the needs of our clients and their interdisciplinary teams. This also ensures that our senior management team is accessible at all times to address questions and provide support.
- The ILS team of professionals, with over 50 years of combined experience, have established strong working relationships the Dept. of Social Services (DSS), Dept. of Developmental Services (DDS), Dept.of mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), Neuropsychologists, Cognitive Behaviorists, and Case Managers,and other specialists.