Who We Are
Independent Living Solutions was formed in 2005 by Executive Director, Lisa Martin. Lisa’s vision for Independent Living Solutions was based on her belief that individuals with disabilities should be provided with the best possible choices for care and independence on a daily basis.
To achieve that vision, Independent Living Solutions has committed itself to the following principles:
Our mission is to join with individuals, families and communities to encourage and assist people with disabilities to achieve independence, good health and meaningful living. We focus on:
- Aiding those we serve to build on the strengths and accomplishments of the past.
- Encouraging active participation in decisions and planning.
- Eliminating barriers in serving all disabilities.
Our clients will freely and fully experience the highest quality of life regardless of disability. To achieve this vision we will join with communities and people who receive and deliver services to:
- Support people to live in and be part of their communities.
- Promote and support growth by building self confidence, self esteem and personal responsibility.
- Promote quality of life by participating in strengthening families and communities while valuing cultural diversity.
- Promote informed choices.
The ILS Team of professionals, with over 50 years of combined experience, have established solid relationships with the Dept. of Social Services (DSS), Dept. of Developmental Services (DDS), Dept.of mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), Neuropsychologists, Cognitive Behaviorists, and Case Managers, and other specialists. Our dedicated and compassion team members leverage these relationships to enhance the lives of our clients and ensure their success on a day-to-day basis.
Assistant Executive Director
Director of Administration
Vocational Services Manager
ABI Program Manager